One of Zjabs' weaknesses is fried bologna sandwiches. At the Public Market- one of the restaurants offers a BS (Bologna Supreme- see what they did there)- which is a fried bologna sandwich with fried egg on it. Get a little meat sauce (which is pretty much just a Rochester thing) on it and enjoy.
Zjabs did go to Sticky Lips recently and they had a fried bologna sandwich. It beat out the various bbq foods and even chicken & waffles- and it was delicious.
So Zjabs went on line to see how to do it himself- I mean he knew the premise and has done it throughout the years but maybe he'd get a hint. He did- cut around the edges into the piece so it doesn't cup when it fries- Zjabs had never thought of that.
But one of the sites (wikihow) had the following question on it (at the bottom). That had to be a prank. If you don't know that level of health and wellness...you really are in trouble.
-Zjabs (Rochester's Official Columnist)
Fried bologna sandwiches are cheap, easy to make, and can be the main dish of a delicious meal.
- 2 slices of white bread
- 1 thin slice of bologna
- 1 or 2 tomato slices
- 1First heat a frying pan to medium-high heat.
- 2Then lay the bologna slice in the pan and cut a slit from the edge to the middle of the slice.
- 3While the bologna slice browns on one side prepare the bread by spreading mayonnaise on one or both slices of the bread.
- 4After the bologna is browned on the first side flip it over with a fork or spatula and let the other side brown. Remember this side will cook faster.
- 5When it is finished pick it up with the fork or spatula and lay it on one side of the bread.
- 6Lay the other side on top of the bologna and enjoy.
© 2017 Zjabs - 2/25/17