A bunch of thoughts regarding my recent trip to Miami-
1) I hate people in airports. I went through Atlanta- and it's amazing how many people have no idea how to walk. They simply stop in the middle of the walkway, or cut across diaganolly without looking either way. Amazing.
2) Zjabs did find a weak spot in security- he was in Laguardia, and had to go from D to C. You take a bus between them- and after driving across, the driver actually got off the bus to talk to someone from his airlines while customers were still filing off the bus. Zjabs could have commandeered that bus and gone wherever he wanted (I would expect driving a bus into something could cause some level of fear at an airport).
3) The plane was cancelled from LGA to Rochester, so he was put up overnight in a hotel- the Laguardia Plaza Hotel. The hotel was okay (a roof over the head). However Delta screwed up by not really giving anyone information. They just pointed and said 'the shuttle is that way' but didn't say which shuttle to look for- luckily Zjabs went to the Delta luggage area and found out what the Shuttle said which he then imparted to others from the flight.
4) Not airport related but rather Lauderhill Florida related- Zjabs saw a guy begging for money- he was standing in the middle of the street but was wearing a reflective yellow vest. I wonder if OSHA doesn't require that in his workplace?
5) Another Florida note- we went to a Marlins game. As X is in insurance, I love reading the backs of tickets to him. One of the things that you unilaterially agree to when you attend the game is that the Marlins or MLB can use your likeness in any way they want. I really wish they put a picture of a fan up on Marlins.com with a caption 'does this man beat his wife and eat dogs...' and watch how much that contract holds up.
6) Bought a water at the airport- Laguardia in Queens. On the side of the bottle- 'Not for sale in bottle-deposit states.' Now either the law was changed while I was gone...or someone is breaking the law....
-Zjabs (Rochester's Official Columnist)
© 2012 Zjabs - 7/31/12